Soften the Signs of Aging
What Are Fillers?
Fillers are the answer to smooth wrinkles, add volume to lips and look more youthful.
When you think of aging, chances are one of the first words that come to mind is “wrinkles”. Yes, it is a visible sign of aging, but volume loss is what causes wrinkles. As we get older, the lines around the eyes, nose, mouth and cheek are more noticeable. Facial fillers such as Restylane®, Radiesse®, Belotero Balance®, and Sculptra® are injected beneath the skin to boost volume and create fullness for a younger-looking appearance.
Which Filler Is Best?
One size does not fit all when it comes to fillers. There are a number of FDA-approved options each produced to address a different concern. Whether you want to lift sagging jowls or would like to plump up your lips, medAge providers will work with you to create the natural-looking results you are hoping for.
Injectable dermal fillers can be used for:
- Smile lines
- Cheeks (restore and contour)
- Under-eye bags
- Hollow temples
- Facial symmetry
We specialize in a variety of injectable fillers:
- Restylane® – A line of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers to treat wrinkles and folds in the face and hands. Each Restylane product (Restylane®, Restylane Refyne®, Restylane Defyne®, Restylane Lyft®, Restylane Kysse®, and Restylane Silk®) are each specialized to help a certain area. We will work with you to determine which filler will best reverse signs of volume loss.
- Radiesse® – This calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) injectable dermal filler stimulates your skin and encourages the body to produce its own collagen smoothing unwanted facial lines and wrinkles leaving the skin looking more vibrant.
- Belotero Balance® – A hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable filler that integrates with facial skin tissue immediately upon treatment. Belotero Balance® is ideal to treat smile lines and lip lines appearing above and around the lips.
- Sculptra® – An FDA-approved poly-L-lactic acid injectable replacing collagen in the face. Used to treat wrinkles around the mouth and chin, Sculptra® offers results that can last more than 2 years.
How Does It Work and What Can I Expect?
All of our fillers are injectable substances inserted beneath the skin. Prior to the session, please refrain from using aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines or high doses of vitamin E which may increase bleeding or bruising.
Treatments are done in the office and last about 30 minutes. Results are immediate although you may experience swelling and bruising for a few days post-treatment.
Depending on the type of filler used, we recommend you return to our office every 4 to 24 months for repeat treatments.
Interested in Fillers?
If you would like more information about fillers, please contact our office to schedule a one-on-one consultation with our medAge professionals.