available at medAge™ Asheville & Greenville
Restylane® features a line of dermal fillers for a more youthful appearance
Hyaluronic Acid-Based Facial Fillers Work
One of the ways to combat signs of facial aging is with dermal filler injectables. Restylane® is one of the most popular choices as it is safe (approved by the FDA in 2003) and has been proven to smooth wrinkles on the face and even on the hands.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body. As we age, we lose hyaluronic acid and collagen which causes the skin to lose its firmness. That’s when we start to see wrinkles and fold. As a hyaluronic acid filler, Restylane® injects collagen stimulators back into specific areas.
Before & After Photos
See actual before and after results from Restylane patients.
Learn more about Restylane at medAge™.
Use Restylane® Line of Products for A Natural Look
Dr. Laura Ellis recommends using Restylane®’s family of products for different areas of the face:
- Restylane®: Ideal for the dark circles under the eyes, facial wrinkles and folds and lip augmentation
- Restylane Refyne®: Helps keep your facial expressions natural treating wrinkles around the nose and mouth
- Restylane Defyne®: Also treats wrinkles around the nose and mouth
- Restylane Lyft®: Adds more volume and firmness to the cheeks, midface and back of the hands
- Restylane Silk®: The first FDA-approved filler perfect to plump up lips and smooth the lines around the mouth
What Are the Side Effects?
Similar to any procedure, there are potential side effects to injectable fillers like Restylane®. You may experience bruising or bleeding, an infection, an allergic relation, or an unevenness in the skin. After your treatment you may feel pain or itching, swelling, a headache or tenderness in the area. This is normal and will resolve in 7 to 18 days depending on the area treated.